Skip to main content

Project Panic!


                   
      For the past few months, I feel like I am the only one, desperately holding onto my friends, honestly because I don’t know what I’ll do when these bonds of the past are severed, I don’t have any energy left in me, to make new friends and reach that comfort in new companionship, to find some misfits to call them my tribe,  I am so tired of all the bullshit of all these fake ass people I meet on a daily basis, I know how hard it is to find real friends and how much harder it is to invest so much time and energy in them when the time is the only thing that I am running out of. 
                     And Now suddenly it's time to make new friends because apparently, all the previous times don't count, and I'll let you in on a secret: making friends in your 20s is hard. You can't just go up to someone on the playground anymore like we used to do when we were kids, Friendships in your 20s are based on mutual likes, mutual interests, and sometimes mutual loneliness.
If the people you grew up with or some people who were your second family are suddenly far away, it's really hard to make new connections,
because most people already have their groups; you're the only outsider, At least that's how it seems. (apparently making new friends is one of the most common problems for 20-somethings) I've been told, a lot of adults make friends through their children, but until we get to that point, we're just kind of stuck out in the middle of no friends land.
When you factor in the new struggles of your newfound adulthood, making new friends seems overwhelming at best, It's almost impossible to make new friends if you're snuggled up in bed by 10 pm, I struggle with this all the time' I'm too anxious to go out anywhere, and I turn down a lot of invitations to things, Then I get anxious about not having friends, which makes me too anxious to go out and make friends, It's a vicious cycle.
                  I am 24 now and I don’t know If I am ready to face the world yet, I am actually a little scared to make it on my own with all these unfamiliar faces around me, but I think I have become a little better than what I was a few years back, I have successfully destroyed my inhibitions, I honestly no longer care of what people or my friends or my relatives think of me, this is liberating, this feeling is so damn precious, I wish I was like this in my college days, life would have been much simpler, but better late than never,(umm.. maybe I’ll tweet about this,)I have finally made my peace with the past, or at least I think I have.
                                       Oh and as soon as I figure out the formula for making new friends, I'll be sure to share the secret, Until them Please bear me with me you guys?!
Bibwewadi 21st Jan 2014

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Anime?

This post is for all my readers/friends who have no idea what an anime is? I am hoping to answer all those questions that I get through this post.Every time I tried to convert my friends with ‘stupid entertainment choices’ into an anime fan, Not a lot can be talked and said in the time I am around them so I decided to make a post, just for explaining what I meant, In brief, So here goes... What is anime? The term anime is a Japanese abbreviation for the word animation. To the people who are new to anime, they might confuse it with any other cartoon, but it is not so. Anime has a distinct form of visuals that are unique to most series. They comprise of intricate storylines, fully fledged-out character arcs, catchy intro and end credit songs, beautifully composed soundtracks, captivating visuals and more. They come in many arrays of genres like sports, action, adventure, mystery, thriller, sci-fi, horror, comedy, romance, etc. Manga’s are Japanese comics created b...

Skyrim Was Winter, And I Was Just Waking Up

Lately, I’ve been thinking about silence. Not just the regular kind, the absence of noise, but the kind that settles inside you. The kind that creeps in when you’re alone at night, lying on your bed, phone facedown, and you just feel this weird stillness all around you. The kind of silence that makes you reflect on everything, or nothing, all at once. For me, this silence is oddly similar to something I’ve felt before in a game. It’s weird, I know. But it always takes me back to Skyrim. More specifically, to that cart ride. I’ve played a lot of games. I’ve tried escaping into open worlds, storylines, and choices I don’t always have in real life. But Skyrim ? Skyrim stayed with me. I think about that opening scene more than I probably should. You know, the one where you’re bound, gagged, nameless, and just watching the world pass by as you’re taken to your execution. That cart ride doesn’t just introduce you to the game; it mirrors real life in ways I wasn’t expecting. Yo...

When Serendipity Knocked

Sometimes, life surprises you in the most unexpected ways. It throws a name, a moment, or a person into your path that changes everything. For me, that moment came when I met her tiny, bold, with short hair framing a face that held more strength and beauty than I thought possible. She’s the kind of person you don’t forget. Fierce yet kind, strong yet tender, she carries herself with a quiet grace that draws you in. Every conversation with her feels like uncovering a new layer of the world. She challenges me, grounds me, and somehow, without even trying, makes me want to be the best version of myself. What amazes me most is how effortlessly she understands me. In a world where connection often feels fleeting or shallow, she gets me in a way no one else has. It's not just the big things; it's the little things, the way she listens, the way she shares her thoughts, the way she's unapologetically herself. Meeting her wasn't just a moment; it was a turning point. She brought...