Skip to main content

Weekend Woes: A Comedy of Errors

       A few days back I heard the voice of a frenemy from work, in a half-awaken state in the early hours of shift, “Are you free this weekend, wanna hang out?”,.. I guess it was a message that unfolds now… Lost are the days it seems, when this world was utterly busy in the business and busyness of life.  Lost are the days it seems, when we looked forward to some easy and comfy weekends.  The world is shaken by an utter radicalization and brain cell poverty that can’t even be seen with the naked eyes.  I am used to waking up to this fundamental truth every single morning now. No peace of mind, no stability and no sticking to plans, no natural positivity, no following healthy habits, nothing conspicuous yet it’s there…the FEAR of an unseen and unraveled mysterious tomorrow, they named it Fate. 

 Exploring new horizons is necessary for evolving but the struggle of trying to fit in and trying to be my true self keeps me occupied, as indecisive as I am, the constant fear of letting people down slowly creeps up on me and tries to take down whatever confidence or courage I had mustered until that moment, I guess the ghosts of the past and the hardships of childhood and teenage years manifests itself to bring me down every now and then, I guess I will have to resolve these issues at some point, I walk a tight rope of self-awareness and self-hate, so atleast I know what is wrong with me, and what is I am really good at, This weekend I learned that I've still had a long way to go and people around me are really smart, and seem larger than life, basically more of an adult than me, I never thought they weren't, but the realization hits different when you see it, there's no comparison here, it's like comparing apples and oranges, but still I feel inadequate, What is ironic is that they thought they were too boring for me, which is funny because all my life I have been called many things and boring was consistently right there, with immature and too sensitive, at least I am aware of my inadequacies and strengths on a deeper level, because let's be honest no one is perfect, but I still felt I was bumming everyone out and should not have been there. I guess everyone feels that way at some point, but this is my blog so this will be only my POV. At least I had fun, and I am thankful for that, I hope they know that... 


To summarize this was the much-needed wake-up call for me, to detach myself from worldly woes and reengage in my lifelong quest of proving myself for the sake of my grand heritage and forefathers, this weekend tore the fabric of reality and I can finally see what was hidden in plain sight, I'll be honest I had gotten lost and took a detour from the main quest but this weekend was the ultimate earth-shattering Armageddon that showed me the light, navigating through dark cave became so much easier now, now that I've seen the first light of ‘Durin's day’, (Hehe I'll never get tired of using LOTR references) I don't have any good outros but I'll go with this... To paraphrase Lord Elrond from The Hobbit,


 "The same moon shines upon us tonight, 

It seems you were meant to come to Rivendell, 

 Fate is with you, Thorin Oakenshield!" 


Bhushi dam 25th Sept 2021

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is Anime?

This post is for all my readers/friends who have no idea what an anime is? I am hoping to answer all those questions that I get through this post.Every time I tried to convert my friends with ‘stupid entertainment choices’ into an anime fan, Not a lot can be talked and said in the time I am around them so I decided to make a post, just for explaining what I meant, In brief, So here goes... What is anime? The term anime is a Japanese abbreviation for the word animation. To the people who are new to anime, they might confuse it with any other cartoon, but it is not so. Anime has a distinct form of visuals that are unique to most series. They comprise of intricate storylines, fully fledged-out character arcs, catchy intro and end credit songs, beautifully composed soundtracks, captivating visuals and more. They come in many arrays of genres like sports, action, adventure, mystery, thriller, sci-fi, horror, comedy, romance, etc. Manga’s are Japanese comics created b...

When Serendipity Knocked

Sometimes, life surprises you in the most unexpected ways. It throws a name, a moment, or a person into your path that changes everything. For me, that moment came when I met her tiny, bold, with short hair framing a face that held more strength and beauty than I thought possible. She’s the kind of person you don’t forget. Fierce yet kind, strong yet tender, she carries herself with a quiet grace that draws you in. Every conversation with her feels like uncovering a new layer of the world. She challenges me, grounds me, and somehow, without even trying, makes me want to be the best version of myself. What amazes me most is how effortlessly she understands me. In a world where connection often feels fleeting or shallow, she gets me in a way no one else has. It's not just the big things; it's the little things, the way she listens, the way she shares her thoughts, the way she's unapologetically herself. Meeting her wasn't just a moment; it was a turning point. She brought...

Skyrim Was Winter, And I Was Just Waking Up

Lately, I’ve been thinking about silence. Not just the regular kind, the absence of noise, but the kind that settles inside you. The kind that creeps in when you’re alone at night, lying on your bed, phone facedown, and you just feel this weird stillness all around you. The kind of silence that makes you reflect on everything, or nothing, all at once. For me, this silence is oddly similar to something I’ve felt before in a game. It’s weird, I know. But it always takes me back to Skyrim. More specifically, to that cart ride. I’ve played a lot of games. I’ve tried escaping into open worlds, storylines, and choices I don’t always have in real life. But Skyrim ? Skyrim stayed with me. I think about that opening scene more than I probably should. You know, the one where you’re bound, gagged, nameless, and just watching the world pass by as you’re taken to your execution. That cart ride doesn’t just introduce you to the game; it mirrors real life in ways I wasn’t expecting. Yo...